Hi! Thanks for visiting! It has been a few days since my last post, but I promise I have a good excuse. My little one was sick with pneumonia and my husband and I had to take turns staying home from work to take care of him last week. The hubs is also my photog, and he ended up getting sick too- so no outfit posts for me! I now resolve to teach myself how to use the remote for my camera this year.
Anyway, one of the days I was home, I had my laptop sitting on the dining table and the little one climbed up on to the table and proceeded to knock an entire glass of water on the keyboard! I was sure my MacBook was toast, but… I found a proven way to save it!
Note: I tried this with a Mac, not a PC – so I’m not sure if it will work for PC’s.
1. Hold the computer upside down and blow dry (on cold) any water that is in the keyboard. Make sure you do NOT turn the computer on.
2. Fill a large bag (I used a garbage bag) with rice. I used Basmati because that is all I had in the house, but I heard that brown rice works great too.
3. Place laptop in bag of rice, making sure the rice is completely covering the keyboard area.
4. Let sit for 48 hours minimum.
5. Open and make sure to get all of the rice out of any cracks.
6. Turn on and enjoy!
Btw, little one is doing better, and he had a blast at the Yo Gabba Gabba live show today. It was his first time out of the house in a while and he loved it. The show was also ridiculous, it was like a Madonna concert or something with the lights and effects. Definitely worth checking out if you haven’t yet.
I can’t wait to share my closet makeover with you all – I promise that is coming up soon!
Sometimes I wish I could spend all day blogging, but life tends to get in the way!