1. I ruined the wedges I’m wearing in today’s post by not wrapping up my shoes in my suitcase and somehow a burst shampoo bottle managed to discolor one shoe completely. A friend recommended these packing cubes – which are perfect for organized packing and protecting your favorite shoes!
2. Traveling 15 hours with a toddler is torture. Complete torture. I refused to take the advice of some well-meaning friends who say to slip him a little tylenol, so I end up with an airplane full of people who glare at me every time I head to the bathroom for a diaper change. I lost my patience a few times over the course of the trip, but then I read this article a friend posted on facebook and it really made me want to stop raising my voice at my child. So far so good!
3. I met a sweet manicurist who moved to Maui from the midwest 20 years ago (on a whim, no less)- she swears that coconut oil (organic, first cold-pressed) is a miracle cure for many health and beauty problems. For one thing, it is a great moisturizer for skin and hair – and it smells great too!
4. Coconut macadamia ice cream is my new favorite dessert. Hands-down. I got one almost every day!
5. Always look forward when snorkeling, not just straight down. I ran into some coral and totally scratched up my legs. Another time I was looking at a sea turtle, and he dissapeared so I popped my head up out of the water and he was right in front of me!
By the way, I can’t wait to get my hands on the new Joe Fresh collection at JCPenny! Canada has some stylish folks and I love the fact that the prices are super affordable for anyone. Has anyone tried anything Joe Fresh?
Thanks for visiting!
It really is nice getting back to my routine after being away – I know I seem a little strange to my colleagues when I say I’m actually excited to be back at work. I also loved catching up on all of my favorite blogs. Now I just have a stack of mail and magazines to get to. I had no idea how many subscriptions I had until I came home to almost a dozen!
Here’s a look I wore out to dinner one evening. I kept it simple with a crisp white top and denim bermuda shorts. Even though most of my trip was spent makeup free with my hair up – I felt like I needed to glam up a little at night. I did so by adding some jewelry, a lightweight leather jacket, and wedges.
Some happenings from my trip: