Recently I attended the opening of Luxaby Baby & Child in Chicago, a new must-see boutique for moms and moms-to-be (and dads for that matter). I really loved the maternity clothes that did not look at all like “maternity” clothes. There were gorgeous cape coats and dresses with strategic draping and ruching that you could really wear year round.
I was especially excited to meet and chat with the store’s owner, Molly Hillenbrand Vernon.
“Luxaby Baby & Child carries a lot of unique apparel, accessories, and gifts for expecting mothers, newborns and children! The Rachel Riley slipper shoes we carry are handmade in the Loire Valley, France. We also carry gorgeous Travel and Diaper Bags by Vanessa Trump’s collection La Poshette. Our clothing comes from all over the world and are handpicked by me to make a cohesive collection every season.”
Molly also shared with me her top three picks for gifts for boys & girls. No more worrying what to get for the person who has everything!
Top three picks for baby girl
1. Cashmere layette set by Baby CZ in pink because it is a perfect choice of outfit for the first pictures of the baby.
2. Petit Bateau hooded towel and washcloth set. Both practical and pretty in both floral patterns or stripes.
3. Rachel Riley slipper shoes – the most comfortable handmade beautiful shoes for any special occasion.
Top three picks for boys
1. Cashmere Pom Pom Hat by Baby CZ – keeps them warm during the cold months and is incredibly soft on baby’s head.
2. Swaddle Designs Sleep Sacks are both incredibly soft and functional and come in many great designs.
3. Angel Dear Animal Pillows are both fun and functional – able to be used as a place to lay their head during diaper changes, of as a soft pillow for baby to lay on during nursing or in later years as a napping buddy!
Scroll down for more pictures from the store, and definitely let me know your thoughts if you get a chance to visit the store!