First thing to remember, if you are going to a tropical location, don’t kid yourself thinking you will be dressing up daily. You will probably wake up late, head over to the pool or beach for most of the day, and dress once for dinner in the evening. So your luggage should consist of pj’s, t-shirts, sunblock, and the following:
1) A panama hat – the classic style looks great on and off the beach. Plus it isn’t as big as a sun hat so you can wear it in the airport during transit.
2) Swimsuit(s) – I brought 5 suits for a 7 day trip. I think I could have brought 2 but that wouldn’t be my style…I need options. Plus they don’t take up a lot of room so I’m not really sweating it.
3) Sunglasses – these will get the most use so feel free to pack a few pair.
4) Cover-up – I like a longer cover-up – this one from Asos is a steal and so cute.
5) Gladiator sandals – under a dress or shorts, these will kick up your style instantly.
6) Easy and breezy, a maxi dress in a bright color is perfect for brunching al fresco.
7) A bag you can lay on the sand and not have to worry about, go with a straw or nylon or plastic tote.
8) Jean shorts – or jeans- pair with your t-shirt, sunnies, gladiator sandals, and panama hat for a day of sightseeing.
I also brought a pair of white denim, and a few blouses in bright colors, and a couple of dresses that I can wear day or night. I think I am officially ready for some sun!
Shop The Post: