I’ve been thinking, how is it that some people are able do so many amazing things in life, and for others it seems impossible to do the simplest of tasks regularly, like keeping their house tidy? I studied my friends and family and within this group I found a common thread amongst those whom I would consider successful. By the way, I consider someone successful if they are happy with their current situation in life, or if they are working towards goals they are passionate about. Those who were successful had a positive attitude in general, though they were critical of themselves, and they would do more than they would talk about doing.
Quite some time ago, Isaac Newton said that every action causes an equal and opposite reaction. The opposite is true too, i.e. if you don’t create an action, there won’t be any reaction. I recalled this fact when I was thinking about how to actually make a dent in my ever-growing to-do list. I found myself at a loss of where to begin, and though I felt I was very busy – in reality I wasn’t accomplishing anything I wanted to that day. When I just stopped analyzing my list, and just started doing things – I was amazed at how much I got done. Also, once I put some effort in to something, I always notice that the universe tends to give me something in return. Opportunities fall into my lap, people offer to help me out, that kind of thing.
When it comes to getting what you want out of life, every tiny bit of effort you make results in that much more progress being made towards your goals. If you don’t ever start something, you can’t possibly finish it now can you?
Things that are important to remember: The best way to learn something is to do it. The best time to start anything is now. Hoarders are usually perfectionists. Nothing is perfect. Wherever you go, there you are.
All of this isn’t breaking news, but I think we can all use a reminder every now and again.
So just get started on your to-do lists, and while you are at it, do also check out some of the biggest sales going on right now! You didn’t think I would leave out a great sale update, now did you?
- Amazon 30% off eligible items with code GRNMON14
- Ann Taylor 50% off full-price sweaters and pants with code FESTIVE50 – extra 40% off sale
- Anthropologie: Extra 30% off with code EXTRAMERRY
- ASOS: 20% off select brands, including Boss Orange, French Connection, and Zadig & Voltaire
- Club Monaco: 30% off select items with code WINTERFAVES
- J.Crew: Up to 30% off with code MERRYMERRY
- Kate Spade New York: 25% off sitewide with code JACKPOT
- Nordstrom: Up to 40% off select new markdowns
- Piperlime: 30% off select holiday styles with code CELEBRATE
- Net-a-Porter: Up to 50% off and free shipping/returns