This year I’m switching to a natural skincare routine – using products that are both effective AND good for me.
Taking care of your skin naturally can be difficult. Some treatments like microneedling in Denver
contain no chemicals to be concerned with, but when it comes to skincare products themselves it can get very confusing. There are lots of products marketed as ‘natural’ that aren’t really, and there are also ingredients that read like they could be toxic chemicals, when in fact that is just the scientific term being used for something natural.
A few weeks ago, Art of Pure held a pop-up shop at CH/LL Chicago, and I was so excited to attend. There were beauty products to play with, followed by my choice of meditation or yoga workshop – basically my ideal Saturday morning. I would also get the chance to meet boss babe, entrepreneur mama, and Art of Pure founder, Monika Joshi. But then life happened, and unfortunately, I had to miss out. However, one of my resolutions this year is to be more proactive, so I decided to reach out to see if she would be willing to meet with me, and to my delight, she agreed!
I was thrilled to meet with Joshi. Art of Pure is a one stop shop, a thoughtfully curated selection of high-performing natural skin care and beauty products. Natural products have come a long way. It used to be a trade off, you either used stuff that was good for you, or stuff that actually worked. Then there might be other factors that one might take into consideration while choosing. For instance, many cosmetic detox and beauty products are housed in plastic containers which when left for a long time might absorb some of the microplastics that can be harmful to the skin. However, cosmetic brands nowadays use good quality plastic or glass that can be sustainable. That said, now the problem isn’tfinding a natural skincare product, but deciphering the labels and choosing one. Art of Pure can help narrow down that list for you.
In this video, I ask Monika to share some of her personal favorite skincare products, and also her advice for a day time and night time skincare routine. I even get personal and ask her advice for any aspiring entrepreneurs out there looking to quit their job and follow their passion like she did. (I’m obsessed with her answer to that question, btw.) After our meeting, I left with a few samples of most of the products we talk about, and I’ve already started using them and I really love them.
According to Monika, there isn’t only one ‘right’ way, but the most important thing about your skincare routine is to keep it up. To see results, it is important to have a ritual, and to stay consistent with it.
- Cleanse your skin twice using an oil-based cleanser. Massage cleanser into skin, and remove with towel.
- Apply a serum like one from the Aspect DR product line.
- Use a natural toner to further cleanse and moisturise your skin.
- Moisturize (note: If serum is oil-based, you can skip this step unless you feel you need more moisture)
- Like Day Time, cleanse the skin twice using an oil-based cleanser, massaging into the skin and wiping with a towel. Try opting for a different cleanser for the second time – something like a broad spectrum CBD oil can work wonders for naturally removing makeup, reducing wrinkles and blemishes and for sending you to sleep, so it’s a triple whammy all in one!
- Apply a nighttime serum. These often have different formulations to standard serums.
- Use toner. You can use the same one you use for the daytime
- Apply the oil blend
- Moisturize using a slightly heavier moisturizer or a balm into skin.
Check out the video to learn more and please don’t forget to like and subscribe to my channel! All of the products mentioned can be found at ArtofPure.com.